Monday, October 08, 2007

CAAS: Day 3

Saturday and Sunday were both excellent days. I talked to many more people about Bolchazy-Carducci's books. As much as you appreciate us, we appreciate you. Thanks to you, our sales were strong. I hope to see you again next year.

On Saturday, I met Josh Rocchio in person. We've known each other through the Latin Wikipedia for awhile, and we finally ran into each other. I also think I saw Basil Gildersleeve, or was it Edith Hamilton? Neither actually, several CAAS members dressed up as people from the past to give a retrospective on the 100th anniversary.

On Sunday the book display was open until noon. After I packed up the books and changed my clothes I did a little more sightseeing in DC. I walked to the Woodrow Wilson House, where I saw some books on the shelf that looked suspiciously like the Loeb books, but I didn't look close enough to see for sure. They were red or green and all about the right size. I'll let someone else have the pleasure of finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment