Two methods for enriching Latin learning!
Latina Verba Mixta for Wheelock's Latin
vi + 54 pp. (2013) ISBN 978-0-86516-793-3
Vocabulary acquisition and retention often seems like the greatest hurdle for a language learner. Practice vocabulary from each chapter's vocabulary lists, grammar explanations, and readings with these 40 simple, fun puzzles. Find Them: Latina Verba Mixta for Wheelock's Latin is an entertaining way for students to engage with Latin vocabulary.
These puzzles can be enjoyed by and benefit Latin students at any level and using any textbook.
• Puzzles use vocabulary from vocabulary lists, grammar explanations, and readings
• Each puzzle leads student to answer a cultural, historical, or literary question tied to the chapter
• Answer key is provided for each puzzle
Ecclesiastical, Medieval, and Neo-Latin Sentences
xxiv + 332 pp. (2014) ISBN 978-0-86516-798-8
(Available December 2013)
Ecclesiastical, Medieval, and Neo-Latin Sentences offers students a wealth of Sententiae selected and annotated to pair with each of the 40 chapters of Wheelock's Latin. In addition, 16 Loci Immutati offer readings from the Bible, St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Bonaventure, and more. Although designed to accompany Wheelock's Latin, this text is a great resource for anyone interested in reading Ecclesiastical, Medieval, and Neo-Latin. The thorough notes found in this text make reading these Latin selections possible and enjoyable for readers from any Latin background.
• Appendix I: Some Developments in Latin Grammar Found in Ecclesiastical and Medieval Latin
• Appendix II: Brief Biographies of Authors Cited in the Sententiae and Loci
• Verba Memoria Comprehendenda (a frequent-word list)
• A List of Source Texts Not Included in the Abbreviations
• Three Indices (Passages from the Old and New Testaments; Passages from Liturgical and Magisterial Documents; Passages from Ecclesiastical and Other Non-Classical Authors)