CICERO: Pro Archia Poeta Oratio • Teacher’s Guide
Linda A. Fabrizio
Conscious of the hectic schedule of today’s teachers, the author of this guide, herself a busy teacher, has provided plentiful resources for the teaching of Cicero’s pro Archia Poeta Oratio.
• Large Size Text suitable for making transparencies
• Literal Translation of the pro Archia Poeta Oratio
• Student Assessments that include
▪ short answer questions, often written in the style of “spot questions,” designed to test the students’ general comprehension of the passage
▪ other questions that focus on the grammar and syntax of the passage, sometimes with a short section to translate
▪ essay questions written in the AP* style
• Assessment Questions with Answers that, in the case of the essay questions and some of the short answer questions, are intended only as a starting point for the teacher’s own consideration of the topic
• Selected Bibliography
Linda A. Fabrizio, a native of Washington D.C., has taught high school Latin in northern Virginia and in New York state. Currently she is teaching Latin on Long Island at Garden City High School. A frequent participant in and presenter at local, state, and national classical conferences, Linda also travels regularly to Italy.
*AP is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.